Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Spin and Tumble

So coming back from the US on Sunday night, the weather is terrible. So I stay in the right lane and drive just under the speed limit as I want to ensure that my passenger and I arrive home safely. Then a stupid white pickup truck comes barreling into my lane. What is a girl to do, but to move to the side and hit the brake. Unfortunately that cause my car to spin across two lanes of traffic and into the ditch!!

Fortunately, my passenger and I were not hurt (just shocked and shaky). Some great people stopped to see if there was anything to do -- thank goodness a couple of them gave us their info as they witnessed the accident. We then waited in the pouring rain for a cop to arrive. The cop arrives and told us that people called in saying that we were weaving in and out of traffic and speeding excessively! This was a surprise to me since I've been in the same lane since we left Bellis Fair, and had a ton of cars go whipping past us!! Then I mentioned to the cop that I had the numbers of a couple of witnesses who saw the accident and saw that it was a truck forced us off the road. We then settled down to wait for a tow truck.

The truck came and pulled us out of the ditch. Turns out that we then had a flat tire which he fixed. I think he felt bad as he charged me less than one hour of work when he actually spent about 1 1/2 hours. The cop then proceeded to give me a $153 speeding ticket since I was going too fast for road conditions. This bites since I was going lower than speed limit but because some bozo almost hits me, I have to pay for his mistakes!! I hate bad drivers!!!!

So I managed to drive the car home. When I called Honda yesterday, they said that I should not drive the car unless absolutely necessary so I had to bus to work. Today I brought the car into the shop and they had to reseal two tires, check the suspension and do a bunch of other stuff due to the accident. So it ended up to be $400 before the ticket and tow. Sometimes life just isn't fair if you know what I mean!

1 comment:

Anna Zalamea said...

awww..hugs Felicia! stupid bad drivers make me mad! grr! and that speeding ticket was just too stupid! oh my gosh, i even saw you at TOM that day! i am glad though that you and your friend are ok!